The purpose of the Official Community Plan (OCP) is to provide a long term vision for the District of Ucluelet. It sets out broad objectives and policies that will guide planning and land use decisions within the District, while respecting the community's existing character. The OCP charts a growth management course that supports Ucluelet's quality of life, enhances economic prosperity and advances environmental sustainability.
The Province of British Columbia's Local Government Act provides the authority and direction for the preparation of the Official Community Plan. Once adopted as a bylaw, an Official Community Plan has a legal status that requires that all subsequent bylaws enacted and works undertaken be consistent with the plan.
The 2011 Official Community Plan replaces the previous Official Community Plan, adopted in 2004.
2020 Draft Official Community Plan
Council received public input on the 2020 Draft Official Community Plan at the May 13, 2021 Public Hearing and discussed the Plan at the May 25, 2021 Regular Council Meeting. It is expected that Council will further consider the Plan in the fall of 2021.
- To view the OCP schedules click on the links below:
- Schedule A - Long-Range Land Use Plan
- Schedule B - Tranportation Network
- Schedule C - Parks & Trails Network
- Schedule D - Water & Sewer Infrastructure
- Schedule E - Environmental Development Permits Areas
- Schedule F - Development Permit Areas for Form and Character
- Schedule G - Development Permit Areas for Hazardous Conditions
- To view the OCP Maps click on the links below:
- OCP Map 1 - Coastal Context
- OCP Map 2 - Regional Infrastructure
- OCP Map 3 - Archeological & Cultural Potential
- OCP Map 4 - Coastal Storm Flood Planning Support
- OCP Map 5 - Tsunami Flood Planning Support 1
- OCP Map 6 - Tsunami Flood Planning Support 2
- OCP Map 7 - Existing Land Uses
- OCP Map 8 - Enviornmental Base Information
The following reports to Council give an overview of the background to the draft OCP update, and the steps taken in the process of gathering public input so far:
NOTE: 2018 Draft Official Community Plan
Council gave the 2018 Draft Official Community Plan its first reading in 2018, and referred it out for agency input, public input and comme A revised document was produced after all responses have been collated and analysed, and is now incorporated and is referred to as the 2020 Draft Official Community Plan, please see above.