The Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce is a non-partisan business organization that exists to meet the needs of the business community and foster a prosperous and healthy local economy.
Current Local Involvement
- Edge to Edge Marathon
- Common Ground Market
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival
- Ukee Days Celebrations
- Van Isle 360 Yacht Race
- Harbour Lights Sail Past
- Breakfast with Santa
- Holiday Business Décor Competition
- Midnight Madness
- Sponsor of 'Business of the Year' and 'Citizen of the Year' awards
- Working together with local government and tourism groups towards beautification of Ucluelet, marketing strategies and economic development
Employment Opportunity - Chamber Executive Director
Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce is looking for an Executive Director.
Salary: To be determined and based on experience
Work Hours: 35hr/week, 2-year contract
Benefits: Full benefits package available
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: April 20th, 2023 (4pm)
The Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce is a proven business advocate at local, regional, provincial, and federal levels. We work to foster a strong and sustainable regional economy, advocate on behalf of our members and create a business-friendly environment.
The Executive Director is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the chamber. This includes building and maintaining strong relationships with peer organizations, elected officials, and community leaders. The Executive Director oversees the role of Market Manager for Common Ground Market.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the following areas;
- Developing and managing annual budgets that are aligned with the strategic goals of the organization as developed by the board.
- Ensuring financial soundness, transparency, and a balanced annual budget.
- Collaborating with government, public policy and business leaders.
- Demonstrate initiative when it comes to funding, events, granting opportunities etc.
- Ability to build real value for members, balancing the tangible and intangible products and services designed to maintain and grow membership.
- Experience creating and maintaining financially successful events and securing sponsorships from businesses/business leaders.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Experience managing a small team of people.
Skills & Educational Requirements
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, decision-making skills, interpersonal communications, and presentation.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
- Understanding of local, federal and provincial government policies.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by email, using the subject line "ED POSITION" to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include the following:
- A cover letter, indicating your available start date
- Detailed resume
- 3 references
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
|September 2019||Download Agenda||Download Minutes|
|October 2019||Meeting Cancelled|
|November 2019||Download Agenda||Download Minutes|
|December 2019||Download Agenda||Download Minutes|
|January 2020||No Meeting|
|February 2020||Download Agenda||Download Minutes|
|May 2020||Download Agenda|
|July 2020||No Meeting|
|September 2020||Download Agenda||Download Minutes|
Contact the Chamber
If you require further information about the Chamber, please contact us:
Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce