Property Taxes


How to Pay Your Taxes

Property tax notices are mailed at the end of May each year.  The preferred methods of payment are through online banking, by mailing a cheque, or by putting a cheque in our drop box at the District’s office, located at 200 Main Street during regular business hours.

If you have not received your tax notice by June 14th please contact our office at

The penalty date is July 3, 2024

View the Tax Rates Bylaw No. 1340, 2024

2024 Property Tax Information 

Assessment Authority Information

BC Assessment produces uniform property assessments that form the basis for local and provincial taxation while providing information to assist people when making real estate decisions. For contact information and related links, please visit the website for the Central Vancouver Island Area Office or call the Assessment Authority office in Victoria (#400 – 3450 Uptown Blvd, Victoria BC V8Z 0B9) Toll Free at 1-(866)-825-8322.

Property Tax Information

The value of your property, as assessed by the BC Assessment Authority, is multiplied by the tax rates as set out by each of the taxing jurisdictions to determine your property taxes. For questions relating to your District property taxes, please call the District Office at 250-726-7744.

For questions regarding the property assessment portion of your taxes, please contact the Assessment Authority office in Victoria (#400 – 3450 Uptown Blvd, Victoria BC V8Z 0B9) Toll Free at 1-866-825-8322.

Home Owner Grant (HOG) 

The home owner grant reduces the amount of property taxes you pay each year on your principal residence. By applying for the grant your property taxes can be reduced up to $770. You may qualify for a higher grant amount if you are: 

  • a senior
  • a veteran 
  • a person with a disability living with a person with a disability

To receive the grant you, or an authorized person, need to apply each year. Beginning in 2021, you apply through the Province of BC directly, including for unclaimed retroactive grants from 2020.  

For more information about how to apply call the BC Provincial Government at 1-888-355-2700 or visit their website

Property Tax Deferment 

Provincial property tax deferment applications are no longer submitted through your municipal office.

The Province has developed a new online application process. All applications will now be submitted directly to the Province. Information on the new program is available at

Permissive Tax Exemption

Under the provisions of Section 224 of the Community Charter, Council may, on or before October 31, exempt eligible land and/or improvements from municipal property taxes for a specific period of time. To be eligible for a Permissive Tax Exemption, an organization must meet the requirements under the Community Charter and comply with the District of Ucluelet policy.

The application deadline is September 1st. For further information please contact our office at

View the Permissive Tax Exemption Policy and Application

View Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1221, 2017

View Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 1222, 2017

View Permissive Tax Exemption Amendment Bylaw No. 1237, 2018

Community Charter, Section 224 

Tax Certificates Online

TaxCertificates Online (TCOL) is now available through myLTSA using your deposit account or through Access Point Information Canada for purchase by credit card. Effective April 1, 2017, TCOL is no longer available through BC OnLine.

The myLTSA portal is the official point of access to the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA) electronic Search and Filing services. myLTSA has been a distribution channel for TCOL since July 2015, simplifying the overall conveyance process into a single portal for key search and filing services.

If you already have a myLTSA account, you can begin your TCOL searches today using your existing deposit account (same as your Land Title searches). The TCOL service can be found in the myLTSA ‘Service Providers’ navigation menu at the top of the page. If you don’t have a myLTSA account please visit and register, or contact the myLTSA support line at 1-877-577-5872 for assistance.

For more information, you can visit and or you can call Access Point Information Canada at 1-877-953-8253.

General Enquiries - Finance Department

Telephone: 250-726-7744