Driving to Ucluelet
If traveling by car, BC Ferries offers services from the Lower mainland (Vancouver) to Vancouver Island at two points - the Horseshoe Bay Terminal in North Vancouver and the Tsawwassen Terminal south of Vancouver.
Ferry services from Horseshoe Bay arrive at Departure Bay, Nanaimo
Ferry services from Tsawwassen arrive in Swartz Bay near Victoria, or at Duke Point, just south of Nanaimo.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit BC Ferries: www.bcferries.com, 1-888-769-3766.
Driving Distances and Travel Times to Ucluelet
- From Tofino – 26 km (16 mi) 30 minutes
- From Port Alberni – 100 km (62 mi) 1 hours 10 minutes
- From Comox – 208 km (112 mi) 2 hours 45 minutes
- From Nanaimo – 180 km (112 mi) 2 hours 30 minutes
- From Victoria – 288 km (179 mi) 4 hours
- From Vancouver – 196 km (122 mi), a ferry ride plus 2 hours 45 minutes driving
- From Seattle – 422 km (262 mi), 2 hours ferry and 6 hours driving
- When traveling north from Nanaimo, exit west on Provincial Highway 4 towards Port Alberni, Tofino and Ucluelet. Eventually, you will arrive at the junction of Highway 4 and the Pacific Rim Highway, which runs south 8 kilometres to Ucluelet or north through the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve to Tofino. Turn left at the junction.
In the summer season passenger and cargo vessels can travel from Port Alberni to Ucluelet on the vessel Francis Barkley. It runs 3 days a week, summer only. For schedule and fare information visit www.ladyrosemarine.com
If you are coming by private boat, there is moorage available at Ucluelet's small craft harbour. It has 20 amp service, water and other marine services. It also has a recognized Canada Customs Clearance Centre. Call for more information: 250-726-4241.
Air Travel to Ucluelet
Tofino/Ucluelet Airport (YAZ) is located near Pacific Rim National Park Reserve and is administered by the Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District. The airport has three 5,000 ft runways and scheduled and charter flights operate from here.
For international air travelers, the nearest international airports are Vancouver (YVR) on the mainland or Victoria (YYJ) on southern Vancouver Island. Other major airports on Vancouver Island are Nanaimo Airport (YCD) and Comox Valley Airport (YQQ).
Click on the links below to view driving directions to Ucluelet from Vancouver Island's airports: