Official Community Plan
The purpose of the Official Community Plan (OCP) is to provide a long term vision for the District of Ucluelet. It sets out broad objectives and policies that will guide planning and land use decisions within the District, while respecting the community's existing character. The OCP charts a growth management course that supports Ucluelet's quality of life, enhances economic prosperity and advances environmental sustainability.
The Province of British Columbia's Local Government Act provides the authority and direction for the preparation of the Official Community Plan. Once adopted as a bylaw, an Official Community Plan has a legal status that requires that all subsequent bylaws enacted and works undertaken be consistent with the plan. The 2011 Official Community Plan replaces the previous Official Community Plan, adopted in 2004.
2017 Official Community Plan Consultation
Vancouver Island University students are partnering with the District of Ucluelet to host public consultation events to check in with residents on current Official Community Plan (OCP) goals, objectives and policies to inform the new OCP update.
We have already completed several exciting rounds of public participation, including:
- Ukee Days parade float and informational booth—July 22-23,2017
- OCP Open House event—November 26, 2016
- An online survey—Open from October-November, 2016
- World Café event—October 29, 2016
- ANAF Autumn Artisan Market Table—October 7, 2016
- Planning on the Streets Day—October 1, 2016
For details on these and upcoming events, please check out our OCP website:
But, that's not all. We have more participation events planned for the summer:
- An online survey—Open from July-August, 2017
- OCP Open Community event—Saturday, August 20, 2017
- Ucluelet Sunday Market—August 27, 2017
We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information, please contact: