Service Canada and Canada Revenue Agency will be visiting Ucluelet: September 16, 2019 at the Ucluelet Community Centre (500 Matterson Drive) from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Service Canada and Canada Revenue Agency will also be visiting Tofino: September 17, Ahousaht: September 18, Hot Springs Cove: September 19, and Opitsaht on September 20th, 2019. Please note, Service Canada will also be visiting Ty-Histanis on September 20, 2019, however, Canada Revenue Agency will be unable to attend the session at Ty-Histanis , so please visit us at one of other locations if you need any Canada Revenue Agency related assistance.
THE SERVICE CANADA CLINIC WILL PROVIDE COMMUNITY MEMBERS WITH:
• The opportunity to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
The SIN is required for children when setting up a Registered Educational Savings Plan ( RESP), or for youth starting their first
jobs. The SIN must also be updated for individuals who have changed their name since obtaining their SIN.
• Information about what ID you need to apply for a SIN is available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/before-applying.html
• Assistance with Public Pensions such as the Canada Pension (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS) and Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
• Assistance with Employment Insurance (EI) enquiries/issues/questions
• Passport application (review only)
• Access codes for the My Service Canada Account which now links up to the Canada Revenue Agency Account
• If you are a business owner or an employer required to have your ID validated for the Record of Employment on the Web (ROE Web) registration we can help you.
• Information about the required identification can be found here https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/ei/ei-list/reports/roe-web-admin-guide.html#h2.3-h3.4-h4.2
• Information on a range of Government of Canada programs and services such as the Registered Educational Saving Program (RESP), and Apprenticeship Grants
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT WITH CANADA REVENUE AGENCY BENEFITS AND CREDITS
Are you accessing all the benefits and credits you could receive when filing your income tax?
• Disability Tax Credit
• Canada Child Benefit
• GST/HST Credit
• Workers Benefit