Deputy Municipal Clerk
The District of Ucluelet, situated on the edge of Vancouver Island's beautiful west coast, is offering a unique opportunity for a dynamic, motivated leader to join our management team as the Deputy Municipal Clerk.
The District of Ucluelet is seeking a dynamic individual who will perform a variety of duties of a confidential nature for management, elected officials, and various internal and external committees. The incumbent assists the Chief Administrative Officer with a variety of issues and is expected to take actions with respect to organizing, delegating and processing work assignments. You must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who will demonstrate skill, knowledge and experience in senior administrative and secretarial practices and procedures applicable to the Administrator's office, Mayor's office, and planning department; as well as possess an in-depth knowledge of municipal legislation and government procedures in relation to the function and objectives of a Municipal Council.
The successful applicant must be a team player possessing excellent oral and written communication skills, as well having a demonstrated ability to conduct themselves with tact, authority and discretion, at all times. They must be courteous and respectful to elected officials, colleagues, and the public.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- University Degree in a related field is desirable;
- Knowledge of the District's organizational structure and of the functions of specific committees, departments and divisions;
- Thorough knowledge of municipal policies and procedures;
- Ability to process confidential information and labour matters while maintaining an effective working relationship with a variety of internal and external contacts;
- Proven proficiency with complex functions in Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Publisher, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to process contracts, leases, agreements, bylaws, claims, writs, appeals and related material;
- Proven report writing capability;
- Ability to prepare and make presentations to council and the public;
- Proven supervisory and team leadership skills;
- High degree of skill in recording and transcribing minutes with a minimum typing speed of 50 w.p.m.;
- Proven knowledge of records management systems and principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal record check;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
This is a full-time, permanent exempt position with an as-soon-as-possible start date, and offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a municipal pension plan. A full job description may be found at www.ucluelet.ca.